If you compare all Canadian online casinos in terms of payment options, you’ll notice they have something in common: they all allow Visa card transactions. This is the simplest, most straightforward method for making gambling transactions.
Since it’s hard to find Canadian casinos that accept PayPal, gamblers want to see something that they already have and can use right away. Not everyone has the time or will to register an eWallet account or get a Paysafecard. They want to take debit and credit cards out of their wallets and start gambling while the enthusiasm lasts.
Luckily for Canadian gamblers, the option for paying with Visa cards in an online casino is pretty common.
List of Online Casinos that Accept Visa Cards in Canada
How Do We Test Canadian Casinos?
Before we get to the details of the payment method, let’s see: how do we test Visa accepted online casinos and how do they deserve a recommendation? We have several standards that we want sites to meet:
- Welcome and no-deposit bonuses. When you decide to gamble for real money, you expect the casino to offer you some benefits. The best gaming site will 100% match your first deposits. They will give you extra money to your balance, plus free spins to use on slots. Some will even offer big no-deposit bonus codes.
- Security. You want to use your debit card only on safe and reliable gambling sites. Third-party auditing services, such as eCOGRA, make sure the random number generator principle is maintained and the cashout.
- Jackpots. How much money can you win? It’s best to choose the sites that offer the largest progressive jackpots.
- Loyalty program. Sure, you’re happy with the first deposit bonus, but what happens next? Do you get any loyalty points and rewards?
- Licensing information. The Kahnawake Gaming Commission licenses most Canadian casinos. But licenses from the UK, Malta, and Curacao are also valid.
- Customer service. Can you contact customer support if you have questions or need assistance with deposits and withdrawals? We review the sites that offer 24/7 live chat help.
- Software. Microgaming, Playtech, Real Time Gaming, NetEnt, Evolution Gaming, and many other software developers offer their games to online casinos. It’s important to choose a site that features games from reputable providers.
- Games. Most sites feature slots and table games, but maybe you’re looking for live casino sites for real money. This section of our reviews will be important to you.
What is the Best Visa Casino for Playing?
What’s the best online casino with Visa as one of the featured payment options? Throughout a process of testing, playing and evaluation, we identified these top Canadian online casinos as the best ones:
That’s a pretty cool list, huh? Read a few reviews and choose the lucky winner to use your credit card there.
If the list of payment methods features several options, why would you choose Visa? There are several advantages to this method:
- If you already have any Visa card, you won’t have to bother signing up for an eWallet or buying prepaid cards.
- Canadian gambling sites usually accept Visa card payments. So you won’t have to use different banking methods for deposits and withdrawals.
- The best online gambling sites in Canada allow you to use this payment method, so you won’t be limited to lousy sites if you want to use this method.
- If you use prepaid Visa for casino games playing, you can control your gambling habits. You’ll allow the funds that you’re okay with losing and you won’t access credit or debit funds.
- It is a safe method for online transactions.
How Does It Work?
Visa is one of the biggest providers of debit and credit cards in the world. It’s a central system that licenses banks and other financial institutions to issue various types of cards. For example, if you have a Green Dot cashback account, you can search for an online casino that accepts a green dot Visa.
These are the types of cards:
- Prepaid card – If you don’t want to use your credit card or the card where you get your paycheck, you can opt for the prepaid Visa card online casino banking method. This is a card that holds a certain amount of funds, which you cannot surpass when making deposits.
- Credit card – If you have a credit card, you practically borrow the bank’s money for gambling. You’ll pay them back in installments.
- Debit card – This card gives you access to money from your account. You can easily find a reliable Visa debit casino and use this type of card. Visa Electron is almost the same as Visa Debit. So consider searching for an Electron if that’s the kind of card you have.
- Visa gift cards – This is a prepaid card meant to be used only one time. If someone gave it to you as a gift, you could use it for online gambling at sites that accept it.
Welcome Bonuses at Online Gambling Sites
When you join an online casino and you start playing with real money, you’ll trigger awesome deposit bonuses. The bonus offer is valid for all banking options, so you certainly get them. You also get them through all platforms. You can use the mobile or desktop version of the site, or you can download desktop apps that many Canadian casinos offer.
For example, JackpotCity Casino will add up to $1600 free real money on your balance, depending on the amount of your first four deposits.
How to Make a Deposit
If you were wondering why Visa is such a popular depositing method, it’s because it’s easy. This is the most widely accepted and one of the most secure ways for online transactions available.
To use it, you’ll simply create a profile at a Visa deposit online casino and you’ll choose the type of card you plan to use as a depositing method.
You’ll see the money on your casino balance as soon as you transfer them. This transaction is instant.
How to Make a Withdrawal
Most of the best online gaming sites will allow you to use Visa as a deposit and withdrawal method, but you have to check. Some of them only allow Visa for deposits. You’ll have to choose another banking method to withdraw your money.
The casino will usually set the minimum at $50 per withdrawal, and maximum at $4,000 per week.
When compared to the deposits, withdrawals from a verified by Visa casino will take longer when you use the card. A casino might keep them pending, depending on its terms and conditions. When it releases the funds, it will take up to five business days for you to see the money on your bank account.
What Are the Commission Fees?
It’s at the discretion of a Visa Casino to set commission fees. That’s why it’s important to read the terms and conditions. All casinos that we recommend set minimal fees, so they are beneficial to Canadian gamblers.
The selection of games makes a huge difference when you decide to play online at a casino site. These are the most popular games across websites:
- Real money slots – They may be classic slots, which have a fixed maximum RTP payout, or progressive jackpot slots, which have a growing amount of payout as more gamblers place bets on the same slots.
- Table Games – Poker, online blackjack, online roulette, baccarat games, and other table games are available at most casinos.
- Live dealer games – You get studio streaming with a live dealer, and you can join the table in a real-time play.
Are the Best Visa Card Online Casinos Worthy of Attention?
Visa may be the best deposit method if you’re looking for a quick solution. When you already have a banking card, you might as well use it.
The only problem is that some banks won’t let you use their cards. Check the agreement you signed with your card issuer. If any of terms say that they reserve the right to block any transactions to gambling platforms, they will do that.
If there’s no problem with your card issuer, you’ll only benefit from choosing Visa as your payment method. It’s secure, quick, and reliable.
Do Canadian casinos accept Visa gift cards?
Yes, gift cards are typically accepted as a type of prepaid card.
Is the Visa casino deposit instant?
Yes; the deposit is instant. You’ll see the money on your balance as soon as you approve the transactions.
Are Visa casinos safe to play?
Visa is a very secure transaction method. As a cardholder, you’re guaranteed a high level of insurance when using the card. If any of your details are a compromise or you experience theft, they will immediately block the card and fix the damage.