Players have a right to play the best online casino in Canada at the safest websites with the best bonuses possible. That’s why we reviewed tons of different online casino in Canada to prepare a list of the best one. Our criteria for top casinos are complex: availability of banking options, being licensed and regulated fairly, having a huge library of the best casino games, and offering generous bonuses and promotions. Our team is an old hand at reviewing online casinos and writing best lists and reviews. You can trust our experienced authors and gambling experts.
Find all about online casino Canada real money in our detailed guide and be sure that we performed our task well, so the best Canadian online casinos are here with their top games and enormous awards!
Best Canadian Online Casinos in 2022
Best Online Casinos in Canada
Picking a safe and secure online casino where you can play can be tricky, especially if you’re new to gambling.
That’s why we tried playing in the most popular Canadian online casino to figure out which ones are the best. Here are our top three choices and a few words about each:
#1 Casino Days
Casino Days offers a huge selection of over 4000 games, making it one of the biggest Canadian online casinos. With such a massive library of games, you’re sure to find something to suit your taste – whether you’re a fan of slots, jackpots or live casino games.
And if you’re looking for extra value, Casino Days also offers cashback on all your wagers, up to 20%! Casino Days has everything you need for the ultimate online gaming experience: fast and secure payments, dedicated support and 100% welcome bonus up to $1000 and 100 free spins in Sweet Bonanza. So what are you waiting for? Sign up today and start playing!
#2 Jackpot City Casino
Jackpot City is one of the top. It offers over 630 games, different secure banking options, and a chance to win a whopping $5 million Mega Moolah Jackpot.
This casino also offers fast payout times (a maximum two days), a wide range of live dealer games, and excellent customer support. With a $1600 bonus and a win rate of 97,98%, it’s no wonder why many Canadian players turn to Jackpot City.
#3 Spin Casino
Another name worth mentioning is Spin Casino. Their online website offers over 700 high-quality games for you to bet on. They also have a huge bonus of $1000 and a payout ratio of 97,46%.
Spin Casino has a $5 million daily payout amount, and it also provides fantastic customer support. It’s one of the safest one and it’s definitely worth giving a try.
How We Test Best Online Casinos in Canada
We made an effort to maintain a universal format for all reviews, as that’s important for comparative purposes.
This is the list of things we evaluate:
- Generous Welcome and no-deposit bonuses. Online casino will match your first deposit with free cash and free spins. You can use the cash for wagering on any game. Some will even give you a small no deposit bonus just to try their slot machines and see if you like them.
- Casino Security. When you share your payment information online, you can’t help but wonder: is it safe? We check the best security standards of each online casino Canada to make sure that it provides customers with the most solid protection for their private data.
- Banking methods. Various top online casinos have different banking payment methods. Most websites will allow you to play with CAD, but some will convert the currency and you’ll lose part of your winnings in the process. Also, most trusted gambling websites have their policies about the cards, e-wallets, and bank wire methods they accept for depositing and withdrawing money.
- Jackpots rating. Where do you get the chance to win a lot of money while playing online slots? On our reviewed websites that provide you with jackpot opportunities, so we consider this factor as well to give you more chances to have the best gambling experience ever.
- Casinos Loyalty program. In their attempts to keep you playing to win real money, they will offer ongoing deposit matches and best loyalty bonuses for regular customers.
- Licensing information. The government of Canada is granting licenses for online gambling. However, some websites usually get their licenses from Malta, Kahnawake Gaming Commission, and Curacao authorities. We check if the casino has a valid license to operate and we give you this information in the review.
- Customer service rating. What if you encounter difficulties during depositing or withdrawing money? What if you don’t know how to play a certain game? It’s important to have access to a customer support department at any time, so we check this factor to make sure that you will get needed professional assistance without additional issues.
- Review of software providers. Microgaming, NetEnt, RTG, Evolution Gaming, Fugaso and a few other software providers are leaders in the online gaming industry. Some casinos support a single software provider, but others give you more options.
- Various games. What types of games can you play for real money? How many slot machines, video poker, table games, progressive jackpot games, and best live dealer options can be offered to you by the particular online Canadian casinos? We checked it for you.
How to Play at Best Real Money Online Casino Canada
If you never played for real money before, you’ll appreciate the hints that follow:
- Always Read Reviews First. An unbiased casino review is the most reliable way to find out if the site is licensed, secure, and worth giving a chance.
- Try Playing for Free. Through the casino reviews, you’ll land at several websites looks well. Go through the list of games and try a few of them for free. Most legit website allow you to play in fun mode. When you’re ready, you’ll commit to one of these top-rated sites.
- Read the Terms and Conditions. This is the least enjoyable step of the process, but it’s also necessary. Read about the casino banking methods, playthrough rules for the bonus, and withdrawal requirements. In Canadian online gambling sites, you have to be a fair player, especially in live games.
- Stay Safe. The risk of addiction is real, especially when you can use best mobile casino apps throughout the entire day and night. Impose some daily rules and don’t bet above that limit.
Are Players Safe at Best Online Casinos for Canadians?
The license from legal authorities is the most important proof of safety. No wonder that for our team, this is the most important criterion when checking real money online casino in Canada. You can be 100% sure that each brand mentioned on our site is licensed by legal authorities, so all casinos from our list are safe and secure.
However, we also like to see the eCOGRA stamp of approval on a website. This is an international testing agency based in London. It’s completely independent and it guarantees protection to players making sure that gambling site operate fairly.
Another important independent body for shaping a landscape of online casinos is the Canadian Gaming Association. It is an honor to be part of this association, and as long as we recommend only the best sites in Canada, you are to see our mentioned casinos participate in this organization.
Latest casino guides and news
Q&A session with Lars Kollind from iSoftBet
Could you start by introducing yourself and telling us a little bit about your role in the company? What are...
Can You Play Legally in Canadian Casinos Online?
All gamblers should ask themselves whether it’s legal to play online. The laws regulating online gambling is constantly changing, so it’s crucial to have the latest updates.
We can’t possibly fit all of these laws and their details on a single page, but we can help you get an overview of how Canadian laws work and what you have to consider before placing bets. Make sure you check the specific laws for your location before venturing on the best online casino Canada spree.
The first and most important law about Canadian gambling sites is that you should trust only those sites that have the necessary licenses issued by the government. Before 1970, most of the gambling in Canada was controlled by illegal crime organizations.
With the implementation of new laws, the Canadian administration has allowed multiple organizations to join the gambling industry.
In 1985, the government allowed specific territories to regulate their own gambling laws, and they’ve also added new types of gaming activities. Slot machines and lotteries became legal all across the country.
These rules haven’t changed much to this day, allowing you to quickly determine if a casino online is legal or not. If you run into an platform that doesn’t have the necessary licenses or if they cheat in any way, their practice is 100% illegal.
The biggest offenses like these can land the owner up to 5 years in prison. Other, smaller offenses can carry a maximum sentence of 2 years in prison or a $5000 fine. However, Canadian gamblers can still place bets on roulette and enjoy virtual slot machines whenever they want if they choose the casino carefully.
|Online Casino||Number of Games||Bonus Offer||Payout Speed|
|Casino Days||3000||C$1000||1-3 days|
|Casino Friday||1900||C$1000||1-3 days|
|888 Casino||2500||C$1500||1-5 days|
|PlayOjo||2300||80 wager-free spins||1-2 days|
|Jackpot City||2500||C$1600||1-3 days|
|Spin Casino||2500||C$1000||1-2 days|
Kahnawake Gaming Commission
The Kahnawake Indian tribe lives in the Quebec region, and they are one of the biggest names in the Canadian online casino industry. Their Kahnawake Gambling Commission was formed in 1999, and it has been going strong ever since.
After they had received the necessary documentation and licenses, they were allowed to create top rated online casinos in Canada and sportbooks located in their native Kahnawake lands.
The tribe had to go through a rigorous approval process that comes with an annual fee of 25,000 CAD, plus another 5,000 CAD for every single employee.
Up to this day, the Kahnawake Gambling Commission has got close to 30 gambling licenses, which placed them right next to the leading names in the gambling industry. Their offer has something for everyone’s taste, from bingo to poker and online sports betting.
One thing that the Kahnawake Gaming Commission is famous for is its willingness to help Canadian players with their disputes.
This company provides unprecedented transparency, and they go out of their way to make sure that their players are happy. Out of 252 complaints in 2013, the Commission ruled 110 in favor of their players.
Casino Games: What Can You Play?
There’s massive competition among Canadian online casino providers in this category. Each strives to provide the best graphics, the greatest variety of games, and the most fun experience of all. These sites let you choose from hundreds of real money slots, so you’ll never get bored. You can expect to play on classic Wheel of Fortune, try your best at well-themed Reel Tumber and Mayan Princess, or even enjoy gambling with the best comics heroes in slots like Hellboy.
Only the best Canadian casino let you play live dealer roulette, live baccarat, live blackjack, and other table games. You’ll enter a real table with a professional dealer behind it. Other players will be there, too. But everyone’s privacy is preserved; the casino players are anonymous.
When an online casino in Canada for real money is highly popular, it attracts many gamblers. All of them bet their money on slots, so the jackpots get higher and higher. Hesitating which casino game you should try first? Pay attention to such well-known jackpot slot games with thousands of fans like Mega Fortune, Mega Moolah, and Arabian Nights.
To get the feel of real online gambling, you’ll most likely want to enjoy online blackjack, craps, baccarat, online roulette, and live poker. Every single of them offers a range of variants, so do not be afraid to test you at each of them. For example, baccarat players need to know that nearly five types of classic game exist: American, Super Pan 9, Three Card Baccarat, Baccarat en Banque, and Chemin De Fer; you can find each of them at the best online casino in Canada.
What companies create the best online casino games? The most popular game developers in the industry include NetEnt, Microgaming, Playtech, Dragonfish, and more.
Best Mobile Casinos in Canada
Playing online casino in Canada does not require you to have a computer or laptop. Best online gambling sites offer their customers mobile versions to play or even develop a special app to even fasten the process of downloading. The graphics and design of each game are mastered to fit perfectly the screen of your device.
If you have a desire to gamble while in a waiting line or on a bus, you have two options. Play at an online casino via your browser or download the app to have easy and fast access. For downloading the app, you need to visit App Store or Google Play to find it and then install it. Another option is to visit an website to download the app directly from there. All these options are free.
Popular Gambling Payment Methods in Canada
When you use the best gambling websites, you’ll have to choose one of the banking methods available. You’ll need to link your account to a card, PayPal, or any other gambling payment method.
- Credit and debit cards casinos – Visa and MasterCard are accepted in almost all gambling sites.
- E-wallets – Neteller, PayPal, Skrill, Bank Wire and other e-wallets are safer since you’re not providing any card numbers.
- Interac E-transfer – Interac and Gigadat are the most popular ways to transfer money fast, securely, and with a standard fixed price in Canada.
- Pre-paid cards – You can buy pre-paid vouchers to play. We recommend trying such cards as Paysafecard or Ecocard; they provide top services for Canadian players. Their idea is pretty simple: you are buying a card that values 10, 50, or 100+ CAD. Each card has its code, so when you are playing at online casinos in Canada you can deposit money from your prepaid card via it. This is a good way to prevent addiction.
- Pay by phone – Few casinos allow you to charge the deposit through your phone bill.
- Currencies – The Canadian Dollars is widely accepted across these websites. When you play at a CAD, you don’t lose money in conversions.
Canadian Online Casinos Bonus
The bonus is just like real cash. You use it to place bets and win real money with it. But there are some limitations. Many real money online casinos will allow you to use the bonus only on slots. Some, however, will extend its use across the offer.
The types of bonuses include:
- Sign-up bonus or welcome package – The casino will match your first deposit with a welcome bonus or cashback bonus, but you’ll also get free cash for the following two or three deposits you make; if your casino grants you a welcome package you can count on receiving all types of bonuses available at this online casino: free spins, huge bonuses in percentage, and maybe cashback.
- Loyalty and VIP rewards – you’ll get informed about these programs via email, so don’t forget to sign up for the mailing campaign when you join; this type of promotion is created to provide “old” players with lucrative bonuses and special offers.
- No deposit bonus – many sites will give you a little cash upon signup so that you can test their games; a relatively new type of promotion is to offer no deposit free spins.
Enjoying your bonuses is a fun and simple deal, so do not hesitate to receive these offers. However, always remember to check all wagering requirements to understand how many times you need to wager your winnings before being able to cash them out.
Legitimate Online Casinos by Province and Territory
The internet is full of Canadian casino sites that claim they have the best offers for players. Why is that a problem? Most of these websites just copy and paste lists of online gambling resources.
It’s like they completely ignore that Canada is made up of ten provinces and three territories, each having its own laws on Internet gambling. Each territory has a different set of rules, and that’s something you must consider before choosing a website where you’re going to place bets.
We found the best Canada’s online casino to win money for real in each of these territories:
All of these sites that made our list have been chosen by our experts after they reviewed features like safety, reliability, and payout times.
Online Casino that Canadian Gamblers Should Avoid
When you decide to play for real money, you will see that there are dozens of gambling resources to choose from. Sure, you can choose any of them, but you should also know that they are all slightly different.
Some online casino sites in Canada are not safe and secure:
- Lion Casino
- Cool Cat Casino
- Desert Nights Casino
so it’s better to avoid them.
Some of these websites use questionable number generators that don’t pick random winners. Others represent a lack of customer support, they don’t pay out on time, and the bonus requirements are often unreal.
Our goal is to provide you with a list of trustworthy Canadian online casinos that have the good offers and bonuses. Our team has prominent experience in the gambling industry, so we did our best to handpick the top gambling sites. We want to take care of the players and increase their chances of winning real money today, so this review is our contribution to it.
Our team consists of professional journalists and gambling experts who have broad experience to tell everything about casino games, bonuses, the latest industry news and regulations.
We carefully consider each aspect of our reviews, so only trusted casino sites are listed on RealCasinosCanada.
- Q. I am an absolute newbie and have no idea which game to start. Can you recommend the best games for beginners?
- A. We recommend you start with slot machines because the rules of this game are so simple! You can try your best at table games. Blackjack is a great game to start your "relationships" with them.
- Q. Is gamble for real money online safe and legal in Canada?
- A. Yes; absolutely. When you access a reputable site that’s been licensed by an independent authority, you’ll be safe.
- Q. What is the top online casino in canada?
- A. From all our reviews, we concluded that Jackpot City is our best for real money games.
- Q. Can I play some games for free first?
- A. Yes; you can test the games before making your first deposit. But you can’t win real money that way.
- Q. Do online casino accept Interac?
- A. Interac e-Transfer is accepted at most popular casino sites, as one of the safest methods for online payments. You’ll have to read a review or check the website’s banking section to see.
- Q. Can I gamble on my phone or just on my computer?
- A. Sure. You can play on any device with an Internet connection. You have two great working options: finding your online gambling or betting website in your phone's and play there or downloading the mobile app.
- Q. Do I need to pay taxes on my winnings in Canada?
- A. Yes, this income is fully taxable. The good news is that your losses are deductible. So, write down your winnings and losses at your tax declaration.
- Q. How to register on casino?
- A. After finding a reliable and appealing real casinos, you should find a Registration or Log in button. You need to fill the registration form, small and simple, and you are ready to play!
- Q. What is a casino minimum deposit?
- A. Many casinos offer their players to enjoy such minimum deposits as $5, $10, or $20. These are the most typical offer on the market. However, some casinos ask for $1, $2, and $3 as a minimum deposit. You should check this information first. Please, do not forget that some sites offer no deposit options.
- Q. How to cash out my winnings?
- A. It is not hard to do. Follow these steps: Log in to your casino account and find a page "Wallet" or "Cashier" Pick an adequate "withdrawal" method suits you and fill out the info Enter the amount of money you want to cash out Confirm the operation Money is going to be transferred to your bank out within hours.
- Q. How can I deposit if I do not have a credit card?
- A. Online casinos offer different payment methods to choose from. In case, you do not have a card you can use pre-paid cards, pay by phone, or via E-wallets.
- Q. How to count my bonuses?
- A. Counting your bonuses forces you to pay attention to several indicators. First, you need to know wagering requirements - the number shows how much time you need to wager before cashing out. Secondly, dealing with such offers like a deposit match bonus, you need to understand the percentage of the deposit match and understand the limits you can count on. For example, the deal 100% up to $500 means that you can double your deposit (because of 100%), but the amount of your bonus is no more than $500. On the Internet, you can find free bonus calculators to help you count.
- Q. What is a payout percentage at a casino (RTP)?
- A. It is an average amount of money player can expect to win in comparison to the amount of money that was deposited.