Players have a right to play the best online casino in Canada at the safest websites with the best bonuses possible. That’s why we reviewed tons of different online casino in Canada to prepare a list of the best one. Our criteria for top casinos are complex: availability of banking options, being licensed and regulated fairly, having a huge library of the best casino games, and offering generous bonuses and promotions. Our team is an old hand at reviewing online casinos and writing best lists and reviews. You can trust our experienced authors and gambling experts.
Find all about online casino Canada real money in our detailed guide and be sure that we performed our task well, so the best Canadian online casinos are here with their top games and enormous awards!
Best Canadian Online Casinos in 2023
Where do you find the top online casino sites? That’s where we step in.
📌 Best Online Casinos 📌 How We Test It 📌 Tips to Play? 📌 Best Bonus Offers 📌 FAQ
Best Online Casinos in Canada
Picking a safe and secure online casino where you can play can be tricky, especially if you’re new to gambling.
We tried playing in the most popular Canadian online casino to determine the best. Here are our top three choices and a few words about each:
PlayOJO offers a vast selection of over 3000 games, making it one of the biggest Canadian online casinos. With such a massive library of games, you’ll find something to suit your taste – whether you’re a fan of slots, jackpots, or live casino games.
And if you’re looking for extra value, PlayOJO also offers a money back on all your bets – the more you play, the more you get! Remember the special VIP program and The OJO Wheel, where you can get free real money without wagering. PlayOJO has everything you need for the ultimate online gaming experience: fast and secure payments, dedicated support and a welcome bonus with 50 free spins in Thor and The Trials Of Asgard. So what are you waiting for? Sign up today and start playing!
#2 JackpotCity Casino
JackpotCity is one of the top. It offers over 630 games, different secure banking options, and a chance to win a whopping $5 million Mega Moolah Jackpot.
This casino also offers fast payout times (a full two days), a wide range of live dealer games, and excellent customer support. With a $1600 bonus and a win rate of 97,98%, it’s no wonder many Canadian players turn to JackpotCity.
#3 Spin Casino
Another name worth mentioning is Spin Casino. Their online website offers over 700 high-quality games for you to bet on. They also have a massive bonus of $1000 and a payout ratio of 97,46%.
Spin Casino has a $5 million daily payout amount, and it also provides fantastic customer support. It’s one of the safest ones, and it’s worth giving a try.
#4 Casino Days
Casino Days has been operating in the market since 2020 and has a valid license from the Curaçao authority. The site offers a large gaming lobby from the best providers, such as Microgaming, NetEnt, and Playtech. The whole collection consists of more than 3000 top titles. Here you will find classic slots, progressive jackpots, and traditional card and table games. New customers receive a match bonus of 100% up to С$1000 and 100 free spins on the Book of Dead slot. The bonus can be activated after a C$10 deposit, is valid for 7 days, and has a wager of 35x.
#5 Club Riches
Club Riches was first introduced to the Canadian market in 2021. The license from Curaçao is responsible for the fairness and reliability of the site. The bonus offer for those who have just registered at Club Riches casino is 100% up to С$1000. You need to meet the 25x wagering requirements before withdrawing the reward. The minimum deposit is C$15. The casino accepts traditional payments via credit cards, bank transfers, and e-wallets. In addition, you can pay with cryptocurrency here. There are 22 software providers in the game lobby. The total number of slots, card and table games is over 3000. Club Riches also features live casino roulette, poker, blackjack, and baccarat from Real Time Gaming, Evolution Gaming, and Microgaming.
#6 Ruby Fortune
Ruby Fortune was founded in 2000 and is part of the Casino Rewards chain. Each of the 29 sites belonging to the network has a loyalty program that is valid in all these casinos. You can collect points and exchange them for valuable prizes. Ruby Fortune has about 600 games from Microgaming. The most popular are online slots and progressive jackpots. The casino holds a license from Malta Gaming Authority. In addition, the site is certified by the eCOGRA, which confirmed the average RTP of the games to be 96.61%. The welcome bonus is subject to a mandatory wagering requirement of 70x. The match bonus is up to С$250 and validates your first three deposits.
#7 Leo Vegas
Leo Vegas has an active license from Malta Gaming Authority and has been operating in the Canadian gambling arena since 2011. A special feature of this Canadian casino is that it supports Interac payments. In addition, the site accepts prepaid cards, credit cards, and electronic payments. It only takes one day for a casino to approve a withdrawal request. The game library is fascinating – you can sort through over 2,000 titles, including slots, poker, roulette, and blackjack. The live casino offers over 150 tables with flexible betting ranges for beginners and high rollers. Bonus offers can be applied to the entire list of games. For the first deposit of C$10, you get a 100% match reward and 200 slots in the Book of Dead. The wagering requirement is only 20x, which is considered to be the lowest one yet.
#8 Lucky Spins
Lucky Spins is a young and modern casino founded in 2022. The licensee here is the Kahnawake Gaming Commission and Gaming Control of Curaçao. The welcome bonus is a 100% match reward up to С$500. The wagering requirement is 35x, and the minimum deposit is C$20. Lucky Spins does not accept deposits through e-wallets for bonus purposes. The casino regularly organizes prize giveaways and themed tournaments for Christmas or Halloween. The game assortment includes all classic entertainment, such as table games, card games, online slots, progressive jackpots, and a live casino. In total, we counted more than 4000 titles from 50 providers. Please check out these top online casinos; the bonus offers exceeded our expectations.
#9 Lucky Nugget Casino
The casino has been welcoming visitors since 2012. The highlight is fast withdrawals through convenient payment systems. Lucky Nugget is licensed by the Gaming Authority of Malta and certified by the international auditing company eCOGRA. Microgaming is responsible for the software presented on the site, which includes 600 slots, progressive jackpots, card and table games, and a live casino. The welcome casino bonus upon registration consists of a 150% match up to C$200. The wagering condition for the withdrawal is 50x. Every time you play and deposit, Lucky Nugget rewards you with loyalty points. You may subsequently trade them for additional perks for your account.
One of the newest casinos in the Canadian gambling arena is Casombie. It is licensed by Curacao and can offer various bonuses – seven options. The site has over 4000 games: slots, blackjack, baccarat and video poker. The live casino is also something that any Canadian gambler can enjoy. This casino is also known for its wide selection of crypto payment options, which, as we know, are instant deposit methods and players can have the money in their accounts immediately.
Top Online Casinos by RTP %
- Jackpot City – 97.98%
- PlayOJO – 97.5%
- Spin Casino – 97.46%
- Casino Days – 97.33%
- Spin Samurai – 97.32%
- Club Riches – 97.10%
- Zodiac – 96.79%
- Lucky Spins – 96.7%
- Dolly Casino – 96.58%
- JeetCity – 96.18%
*Disclaimer: RTP calculations for casinos are conducted by RealCasinosCanada experts.
How We Test Best Online Casinos in Canada
We tried to maintain a universal format for all reviews, as that’s important for comparative purposes.
This is the list of things we evaluate:
- Generous Welcome and no-deposit bonuses. Online casino will match your first deposit with free cash and free spins. You can use the cash for wagering on any game. Some will even give you a small no deposit bonus to try their slot machines and see if you like them.
- Casino Security. When you share your payment information online, you can’t help but wonder: is it safe? We check the best security standards of each online casino Canada to make sure that it provides customers with the most solid protection for their private data.
- Banking methods. Various top online casinos have different banking payment methods. Most websites will allow you to play with CAD, but some will convert the currency and you’ll lose part of your winnings. Also, most trusted gambling websites have their policies about the cards, e-wallets, and bank wire methods they accept for depositing and withdrawing money.
- Jackpots rating. Where do you get the chance to win a lot of money while playing online slots? Our reviewed websites provide jackpot opportunities, so we also consider this factor in giving you more chances to have the best gambling experience ever.
- Casinos Loyalty program. In their attempts to keep you playing to win real money, they will offer ongoing deposit matches and the best loyalty bonuses for regular customers.
- Licensing information. The government of Canada is granting licenses for online gambling. However, some websites usually get their licenses from Malta, Kahnawake Gaming Commission, and Curacao authorities. We check if the casino has a valid license to operate and we give you this information in the review.
- Customer service rating. What if you encounter difficulties depositing or withdrawing money? What if you don’t know how to play a certain game? It’s important to have access to a customer support department at any time, so we check this factor to ensure that you will get needed professional assistance without additional issues.
- Review of software providers. Microgaming, NetEnt, RTG, Evolution Gaming, Fugaso and a few other software providers are leaders in the online gaming industry. Some casinos support a single software provider, but others offer more options.
- Various games. What games can you play for real money? How many slot machines, video poker, table games, progressive jackpot games, and best live dealer options can be offered to you by the particular online Canadian casinos? We checked it for you.
Why Trust Us?
Here is a list of reasons why we stand out from all our competitors:
- We have a team of the most experienced experts in the theory and practice of gambling
- Our casino research approach is multi-component and consists of more than 50 evaluation criteria
- We check daily from two to five hundred games that are in the lobby of various Canadian casinos to guarantee you the integrity of the software
- Our experts evaluate the requirements for each bonus offer and come up only with the most profitable ones
- We test dozens of payment methods and make real deposits and withdrawals. The total amount of our deposits are several thousand Canadian dollars! That is why our reviews are based on real experience
- Our customer service reviews include an assessment of the speed and quality of responses across all communication channels
- We check casinos that will be suitable for Canadian players and are legal in the local market
How to Play at the Best Real Money Online Casino Canada
If you have never played for real money before, you’ll appreciate the hints that follow:
- Always Read Reviews First. An unbiased casino review is the most reliable way to determine if the site is licensed, secure, and worth a chance.
- Try Playing for Free. Through the casino reviews, you’ll land at several websites that look well. Please go through the list of games and try a few for free. The most legit website allows you to play in fun mode. When ready, you’ll commit to one of these top-rated sites.
- Read the Terms and Conditions. This is the least enjoyable step of the process, but it’s also necessary. Read about the casino banking methods, playthrough rules for the bonus, and withdrawal requirements. You must be a fair player in Canadian online gambling sites, especially in live games.
- Stay Safe. The risk of addiction is real, especially when you can use the best mobile casino apps all day and night. Impose some daily rules, and don’t bet above that limit.
Are Players Safe at Best Online Casinos for Canadians?
The license from legal authorities is the most important proof of safety. Our team considers this the most important criterion when checking real money online casinos in Canada. You can be 100% sure that legal authorities license each brand mentioned on our site, so all casinos from our list are safe and secure.
However, we also like to see the eCOGRA stamp of approval on a website. This is an international testing agency based in London. It’s completely independent and guarantees protection to players, ensuring gambling sites operate fairly.
Another important independent body for shaping the landscape of online casinos is the Canadian Gaming Association. It is an honor to be part of this association. As long as we recommend only the best sites in Canada, you will see our mentioned casinos participate in this organization.
Latest Casino Guides and News
Q/A with Marga Fernandez from Amigo Gaming
Hello, Marga and welcome to the Q&A session at Realcasinoscanada. We appreciate you joining us and taking the time to...
Casino Games: What Can You Play?
There’s massive competition among Canadian online casino providers in this category. Each strives to provide the best graphics, the greatest variety of games, and the most fun experience of all. These sites let you choose from hundreds of real money slots, so you’ll never get bored. You can expect to play on classic Wheel of Fortune, try your best at well-themed Reel Tumber and Mayan Princess, or even enjoy gambling with the best comics heroes in slots like Hellboy.
Only the best Canadian casino let you play live dealer roulette, live baccarat, live blackjack, and other table games. You’ll enter a real table with a professional dealer behind it. Other players will be there, too. But everyone’s privacy is preserved; the casino players are anonymous.
When an online casino in Canada for real money is highly popular, it attracts many gamblers. All of them bet their money on slots, so the jackpots get higher and higher. Hesitating which casino game you should try first? Pay attention to such well-known jackpot slot games with thousands of fans like Mega Fortune, Mega Moolah, and Arabian Nights.
To get the feel of real online gambling, you’ll most likely want to enjoy online blackjack, craps, baccarat, online roulette, and live poker. Every single of them offers a range of variants, so do not be afraid to test you at each of them. For example, baccarat players need to know that nearly five types of classic game exist: American, Super Pan 9, Three Card Baccarat, Baccarat en Banque, and Chemin De Fer; you can find each of them at the best online casino in Canada.
What companies create the best online casino games? The most popular game developers in the industry include NetEnt, Microgaming, Playtech, Dragonfish, and more.
Best Mobile Casinos in Canada
Playing online casino in Canada does not require you to have a computer or laptop. Best online gambling sites offer their customers mobile versions to play or even develop a special app even to fasten the process of downloading. The graphics and design of each game are mastered to fit your device’s screen perfectly.
Suppose you desire to gamble while in a waiting line or on a bus; you have two options. Play at an online casino via your browser or download the app for easy and fast access. To download the app, you must visit App Store or Google Play to find and install it. Another option is to visit a website to download the app directly from there. All these options are free.
Popular Gambling Payment Methods in Canada
When you use the best gambling websites, you’ll have to choose one of the banking methods available. You must link your account to a card, PayPal, or any other gambling payment method.
- Credit and debit cards casinos – Visa and MasterCard are accepted in almost all gambling sites.
- E-wallets – Neteller, PayPal, Skrill, Bank Wire and other e-wallets are safer since you’re not providing any card numbers.
- Interac E-transfer – Interac and Gigadat are the most popular ways to transfer money fast, securely, and with a standard fixed price in Canada.
- Pre-paid cards – You can buy pre-paid vouchers to play. We recommend trying cards like Paysafecard or Ecocard; they provide top services for Canadian players. Their idea is simple: buy a card that values 10, 50, or 100+ CAD. Each card has its code, so when you are playing at the best online casinos in Canada you can deposit money from your prepaid card via it. This is a good way to prevent addiction.
- Pay by phone – Few casinos allow you to charge the deposit through your phone bill.
- Currencies – The Canadian Dollars is widely accepted across these websites. When you play at a CAD, you don’t lose money in conversions.
Top Canadian Online Casino Bonuses
The bonus is just like real cash. You use it to place bets and win real money with it. But there are some limitations. Many real money online casinos will allow you to use the bonus only on slots. Some, however, will extend its use across the offer.
The types of bonuses include:
- Sign-up bonus or welcome package – The casino will match your first deposit with a welcome bonus or cashback bonus, but you’ll also get free cash for the next two or three deposits you make; if your casino grants you a welcome package you can count on receiving all types of bonuses available at this online casino: free spins, huge bonuses in percentage, and maybe cashback.
- Loyalty and VIP rewards – you’ll get informed about these programs via email, so don’t forget to sign up for the mailing campaign when you join; this type of promotion is created to provide “old” players with lucrative bonuses and special offers.
- No deposit bonus – many sites will give you a little cash upon signup so that you can test their games; a relatively new type of promotion is to offer no deposit free spins.
Enjoying your bonuses is a fun and simple deal, so do not hesitate to receive these offers. However, always remember to check all wagering requirements to understand how many times you need to wager your winnings before being able to cash them out.
Can You Play Legally in Canadian Casinos Online?
It is critical for gamblers to play at verified and licensed casino sites. The main act governing the gambling business in Canada is the Criminal Code. However, in each province, the authority has the right to establish its regulatory bodies (like AGLC in Alberta). The laws in this business change daily, so you should always ensure that the providers have up-to-date and valid licenses. This means that the casino follows all the rules and is legally operating in Canada. Before you go off on the best online casino Canada spree, make sure to know the four primary regulators, which are listed below:
Before 1970, most of the gambling in Canada was controlled by illegal crime organizations.
With the implementation of new laws, the Canadian administration has allowed multiple organizations to join the gambling industry.
In 1985, the government allowed specific territories to regulate their gambling laws, and they also added new types of gaming activities. Slot machines and lotteries became legal all across the country.
- Kahnawake Gaming Commission – issues the licenses for all top-rated casinos in Canada. This institution guarantees transparent conditions for each operator and is responsible for the quality of all licensed sites. According to statistics, more than 100 complaints out of 250 were resolved in favor of the players.
- Malta Gaming Authority – with a Malta license, it is permitted to run online casinos in other provinces of Canada. All licensees have an excellent reputation as an authoritative body that controls the quality of services, starting with payment systems and ending with customer support. All the software is rigorously tested for its integrity.
- Curaçao Gaming Control Board – a license from Curaçao is a great solution for startups and new casino sites. It gives them the freedom to investigate, create, and experiment more because of the less strict rules. It is one of the most popular license authorities, which has issued quality certificates to more than 450 casino sites.
- AGCO (Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario) – iGaming Ontario is a subsidiary of AGCO. Since 2022, it has been in charge of governing the growing gambling industry and providing licenses to casino operators. Before the market’s debut, iGaming Ontario issued hundreds of licenses, allowing large companies to function in the state.
Online Casino that Canadian Gamblers Should Avoid
When you decide to play for real money, you will see that there are dozens of gambling resources to choose from. You can choose any of them, but you should also know that they are all slightly different.
Some online casino sites in Canada are not safe and secure:
- Yoju Casino
- Lion Casino
- Cool Cat Casino
- Desert Nights Casino
so it’s better to avoid them.
Some of these websites use questionable number generators that don’t pick random winners. Others represent a lack of customer support, they don’t pay out on time, and the bonus requirements are often unreal.
We aim to provide you with a list of trustworthy Canadian online casinos with reasonable offers and bonuses. Our team has superior experience in the gambling industry, so we did our best to handpick the top gambling sites. We want to care for the players and increase their chances of winning real money today, so this review is our contribution.
Be Informed about Problem Gambling
To protect players from excessive gambling, we lead a responsible gaming policy. This means that we ensure that online casinos we recommend give all the necessary contacts on their web pages to those who need help with addictive behavior. A list of all responsible institutions can be found on our page’s footers of trusted casino sites. Such associations include:
- ProblemGambling Canada
- CPGCB – Canadian Problem Gambling Certification Board
- KnowYourLimit Canada
You can find support anonymously in the format of phone consultation in case you cannot cope with addiction. Besides, the casino sites offer an auto-block function. Players can limit their access to betting on their own until they contact the operators again and provide the necessary information proving they can be admitted to gambling again.
We are meticulous in our review processes so that only reputable online casinos make it onto RealCasinosCanada. We created this site to give Canadian online casino lovers a simple way to find their perfect gaming site. We strive to keep our website up-to-date and full of helpful information so that you can make informed decisions regarding your online casino experiences. If you want to know more, please check out our About Us page or get in touch!
Adelaide Street West 120 24TH FLOOR
Toronto M5H 1P9
- Q. I am an absolute newbie and have no idea which game to start. Can you recommend the best games for beginners?
- A. We recommend you start with slot machines because the rules of this game are so simple! You can try your best at table games. Blackjack is a great game to start your "relationships" with them.
- Q. Is gamble for real money online safe and legal in Canada?
- A. Yes; absolutely. When you access a reputable site that’s been licensed by an independent authority, you’ll be safe.
- Q. What is the top online casino in canada?
- A. From all our reviews, we concluded that Jackpot City is our best for real money games.
- Q. Can I play some games for free first?
- A. Yes; you can test the games before making your first deposit. But you can’t win real money that way.
- Q. Do online casino accept Interac?
- A. Interac e-Transfer is accepted at most popular casino sites, as one of the safest methods for online payments. You’ll have to read a review or check the website’s banking section to see.
- Q. Can I gamble on my phone or just on my computer?
- A. Sure. You can play on any device with an Internet connection. You have two great working options: finding your online gambling or betting website in your phone's and play there or downloading the mobile app.
- Q. Do I need to pay taxes on my winnings in Canada?
- A. Yes, this income is fully taxable. The good news is that your losses are deductible. So, write down your winnings and losses at your tax declaration.
- Q. How to register on casino?
- A. After finding a reliable and appealing real casinos, you should find a Registration or Log in button. You need to fill the registration form, small and simple, and you are ready to play!
- Q. What is a casino minimum deposit?
- A. Many casinos offer their players to enjoy such minimum deposits as $5, $10, or $20. These are the most typical offer on the market. However, some casinos ask for $1, $2, and $3 as a minimum deposit. You should check this information first. Please, do not forget that some sites offer no deposit options.
- Q. How to cash out my winnings?
- A. It is not hard to do. Follow these steps: Log in to your casino account and find a page "Wallet" or "Cashier" Pick an adequate "withdrawal" method suits you and fill out the info Enter the amount of money you want to cash out Confirm the operation Money is going to be transferred to your bank out within hours.
- Q. How can I deposit if I do not have a credit card?
- A. Online casinos offer different payment methods to choose from. In case, you do not have a card you can use pre-paid cards, pay by phone, or via E-wallets.
- Q. How to count my bonuses?
- A. Counting your bonuses forces you to pay attention to several indicators. First, you need to know wagering requirements - the number shows how much time you need to wager before cashing out. Secondly, dealing with such offers like a deposit match bonus, you need to understand the percentage of the deposit match and understand the limits you can count on. For example, the deal 100% up to $500 means that you can double your deposit (because of 100%), but the amount of your bonus is no more than $500. On the Internet, you can find free bonus calculators to help you count.
- Q. What is a payout percentage at a casino (RTP)?
- A. It is an average amount of money player can expect to win in comparison to the amount of money that was deposited.