The best Canadian online casino usually has low wagering requirements for bonuses, and facilitate a range of payment methods. In traditional land-based casinos, you can pay with cash or card. Online platforms offer greater variety. There is a huge range of payment methods available, including bank transfer, debit cards, e-wallets, and cryptocurrency. This excellent variety gives players flexibility.
You can utilize these different transaction types to make deposits and withdrawals to online casinos. But know which transaction types and payment methods to choose can be difficult.
We understand this and have thus provided info on the top Canadian payment methods using CAD. First, we look at a large selection of the available transaction types. We then analyze what factors you should look for when selecting a transaction method. Finally, we look at the barriers you may encounter and answer common questions relating to this subject.
Our List of the Best Online Casino Offers
What is considered popular online casino payment methods?
First, let’s look at the common payment methods, the fastest withdrawal online casino platforms provide. When using online gambling sites, you can expect the following payment options:
- PayPal – Global e-money transfer service
- QIWI – Russian-based electronic payment service provider
- Entropay – Virtual pre-paid Visa card
- Skrill – Global e-money transfer service
- PaySafeCard – Pre paid Paysafe cards with set values
- Neteller – Global e-money transfer service
- Instadebit – Secure e-wallet for Canadian players
- EcoPayz – Global secure payment provider utilizing Eco cards
- Debit Cards
- Interac – Popular method similar to Visa for Canada
- Visa – Most popular payment method in the world
- MasterCard – One of the main types of credit card
- Bitcoin – Most popular and stable cryptocurrency
- Citadel – Online instant payment system
- Bank Wire Transfer – Standard direct bank transfer
E-wallets and card payments are generally the most used and widely accepted. Visa, for example, is available on practically every gambling platform available. Other types like cryptocurrencies and Citadel are still gaining traction and emerging as valid payment methods. Some payment methods are becoming less popular like Echeck and UKash due to the evolution of technologies, and the availability of other, more popular payment options.
What general processing delays can you experience?
Regardless of how efficient a payment system is, you may still experience delays when making deposits and withdrawals. This is one of the benefits of using no deposit bonuses as you don’t have to make a payment first. The following are three common processing delays you can experience:
Most casinos have a standardized pending period. This is the time that your money sits in your account before the accounting department within the casino processes your transaction and approves it. Pending periods usually only apply to withdrawals – deposits are made instantly and there is usually no wait involved.
The length of time depends entirely on the individual casino – some may have minimal processing times and sort pending transactions immediately. Others, however, may choose to apply lengthy processing times in order to keep your winnings as part of their cash flow/finances for longer periods.
Another common delay for both deposits and withdrawals is account verification. When using online payment methods, users often have to verify their payment method or personal details. This is an extra security method to prevent fraud and identity theft. For example, you may have to provide identification or verify your payment method using your smartphone or an email link. Account verification depends on the type of payment – some don’t require any verification at all.
Choice of Payment Methods
Finally, deposits and withdrawals can often be slowed down because you have too many options to choose from. Most online casinos offer a huge range of different transaction types. We understand that knowing which process to choose can be a daunting task. You could spend hours simply trying to figure out which process you can use. This is why you should have a clear idea before registering with an online platform, of which top Canadian casino payment methods you want to use:
- Capital One casinos
- Skrill casinos
- Muchbetter casino
- Canadian dollar casino
- iDebit gambling payment
- Instadebit gambling payment
- Interac e-Transfer gambling
What are the most important factors for banking?
Now that you have a clear understanding of the payment methods in online casinos, you must know how to choose the best method for you. There are four main factors to consider – speed, anonymity, comfort, and transaction fees:
Speed is one of the most important factors. This is both important for making deposits but also withdraw your winnings. In an ideal world, deposits should be made instantly – you don’t want to wait hours or days to play games and use your cash. Furthermore, if you have a big cash win, you want to have that money as quickly as possible.
If possible, payment methods should also be anonymous. This is so that you can remain protected, and your personal details remain secure. However, this isn’t always possible – in some instances, payments have to be verified using your personal details if you can use a payment method that offers anonymity then fantastic.
As a player, you also want a comfortable and convenient process. You don’t want to have multiple problems or go through a long, complicated process just to make a payment or receive your winnings. To this end, look for a transaction type that you know is hassle-free and straightforward.
Fees and Charges
Finally, you don’t want to use a transaction type that has high associated fees. You can encounter both transaction fees and payment charges. Sometimes, casinos charge transaction fees for each online payment you make. Alternatively, some banking options can apply to handle charges. It is important to look at processes that have no fees – this means you are using your cash at 100% efficiency.
How do software and casino games work with payment methods?
In most instances, Canadian online casino sites facilitate a great range of games and software. Popular software developers like Microgaming, NetEnt, IGT, and BetSoft produce games for the online gambling industry. We have hundreds of slots, table games, video poker, and bingo to choose from. Examples of top games include Blackjack, Avalon II Slots, Roulette, and Live Baccarat.
Games and software are usually not affected by payment methods. Software developers make their games neutral, i.e., they can be used with any available payment method. If the online gambling site itself accepts Skrill, for example, you can use your Skrill e-wallet to place bets and wagers on any game on that website or mobile casino.
We hope you now have a clear understanding of the banking methods available for Canadian players. Users can make withdrawals and deposits using a wide variety of methods, including Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, and Neteller. It is important to have a clear idea of the safe and legit instant payment methods available. This will ensure you can have an enjoyable, painless gambling experience.
- Q. Which are the best paying casinos?
- A. There are a host of excellent casinos that offer great payment terms and decent payout percentages. Examples of top paying casinos include 888, Casumo, Mr. Green, and 777. These platforms have a brilliant selection of payment methods and have some excellent games too.
- Q. Is there a minimum amount I can deposit and withdraw?
- A. This depends on the platform. Most platforms have a minimum deposit limit. Some have low minimum limits of just $1 CAD. However, others may have higher minimum limits of $10 or $20. This information can be found out in the terms and conditions, or the banking section.
- Q. How do I verify my account?
- A. Account verification is usually processed one of two ways – either by email verification or by proof of identity. In most instances, you will have to confirm your account via a link within an email you receive. Alternatively, you may have to provide proof of identification like a passport or driving license.
- Q. What is a pending period?
- A. Pending period is the time-frame that your transactions take to be processed. This is the period that the online casino and your bank account/chosen payment method communicate that facilitate the transaction.