The Canadian gambling market is growing and strengthening day by day with the help of the most reputable online casinos. There are plenty of things that go into the making of an online gaming website. It is not always the bonuses, range of games, loyalty programs, or mobile gaming. To completely rely on a gambling site, you need to ensure they are 100% safe and trustworthy.
The Canadian gambling market is indeed going from strengths to strengths with the inclusion of online casinos. However, there are plenty of scams and fraud websites that are constantly degrading the market. These websites do not offer a secure gambling arena for the players.
Finding the safest casinos in Canada has become highly imperative to safeguard your interests. In this article, we have compiled all the necessary information through which you can detect safe Canadian online casinos and enjoy your gaming experience.
How We Find The Safest Online Casinos?
When we bring casino reviews to you, we check them against these criteria:
- Security and Trust: They should have a reputed position in the market and have all the necessary security measures. SSL encryption is a must-have in all the trusted casinos.
- Games and Software: When you know the casino has games from some trusted software provider, you know you can trust them. Some of the trusted gambling software providers are Microgaming, NetEnt, Play N’ Go, etc.
- Bonuses and Promotions: A safe casino will offer you legit bonuses and promotions that are believable. Trusted platforms will not make hollow promises.
- Banking And Payment: It is the most important criteria for choosing a safe casino platform. It is essential to see whether they are using secure payment methods.
- Customer Care: A legit gambling platform will never leave its customers hanging. The site must have responsive customer support through email, live chat or phone.
- Mobile: Trusted gambling platform will also offer mobile gambling through a mobile site or mobile app. It is also a great sign to ensure legitimacy.
How Are Online Casinos Monitored For Safety And Security?
All online casinos are licensed and regulated by gambling commissions who look after these sites. It is one of the aspects that determines the security, safety and legitimacy of a platform. Here’s how casinos are monitored for safety:
These are governing bodies that license and regulate the online casinos in a jurisdiction. Casinos have to follow all the guidelines that are provided by these regulators. Gambling commissions are the casino regulators who set out rules and regulations for the casinos. Each platform has to meet these criteria to get a license. The Kahnawake Gaming Commission is a regulatory body that works in Canada to regulate and monitor the gambling platforms. All the casinos, sportsbooks, lottery sites have to acquire a license from the commission to start working legally in the jurisdiction. Some other gambling commissions in the country are:
- Ontario Lottery & Gaming
- Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario
- Loto Quebec
- Alberta Gaming
- Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission
- British Columbia Lottery Corporation
- BC Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch
- Western Canada Lottery Corporation
- Atlantic Lottery Corporation
- Nova Scotia Gaming Corporation
- Nova Scotia Alcohol and Gaming Authority
- Manitoba Lotteries Corporation
- Manitoba Gaming Control Commission
- Saskatchewan Gaming Corporation
- Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority
- Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority
- Responsible Gaming Council
- Nova Scotia Gaming Foundation
- Alberta Gaming Research Institute
Online Casino Auditors
Like financial companies, casinos have auditors who audit the table games, slots, random number generators, and other documents. Casino game audits are necessary to check that revenue is correctly distributed, accounted and reported. Each casino must conduct regular audits of the games in order to ensure the security of the funds of their customers. Casino game auditors ensure fair gameplay by auditing the random number generator. You can trust a regular platform audit.
Casino auditors have to note the funds and the beginning and at the end, along with all the bankrolled areas. There are special casino auditors hired by the casinos to check the table games, slots, and banking payments. Casino auditing is also a great way to keep a check on revenue generation as well. These auditors have to present this data to the gambling commission then and verify the legitimacy of the platform. As a player, you need to ensure that the site conducts regular audits to ensure the games’ safety and fairness. It is an imperative testing criterion for any online casino.
Security In Casino Transactions
It is the responsibility of the casino to make offer players a comfortable and convenient mode of payment. There are plenty of payment methods that are safe and fast. When you are selecting a platform, make it a habit to check the different payment options available. If the site has provided you with plenty of convenient options, you can ensure they will be looking after and preserving your funds’ safety. Some of the trusted payment options available in Canada are:
- Master Card
Lately, eWallets have emerged as prominent payment options on online casinos. However, it is important to ensure a trusted platform offers the needed eWallet.
Above all, you need to check whether the site has SSL encryption for transactions. This technology ensures that your transaction is conducted in an encrypted manner so not the site records financial data. It is the sign of the legitimacy of the casino that you must take into consideration.
How Can You Identify Unsafe Casinos in Canada?
Here are a few signs that you must never ignore during the process of finding a reputable casino site:
Inferior Games and Software Provider
It is true that games are the major attraction of any platform, and if you are familiar with the gambling market, it would be easy to find shoddy games. Safe online casino games will never have cheap gameplay, ineffective graphics and sound. It is the first sign that you should be aware of.
Many credible gambling software providers are empowering casino games. You can easily detect if you see some unfamiliar name in the software provider. If the quality of games is inferior on a site, you can ensure that they come from an unreliable software provider. Instead of going forward and running your experience and losing money, it is better to back off.
Illegal Or Unreal Marketing Practices
Platforms tend to spread the word to attract the players, whether it is bonus packages or any other offers. But those marketing practices should not be illegal or unreal, for example, if a casino has been following illegal practices like asking for your money in return for some petty offers. They might not market illegally at an early stage to gain initial trust. But whenever they do, you must remain vigilant.
It is important to steer clear from such marketing tactics and take the cue to never trust such sites ever. You can easily detect the unsafe casino by looking into their marketing practices. You don’t have to go deep. Some of the casinos have some evident fraud offers that are easy to detect. Instead of falling for their luring offers, it is important to stay afar from such malpractices.
It is important to know that the scam website will try to force bonuses and promotions on the players. For instance, they will have bonus rewards only available when you make a huge deposit. They can offer bonus rewards at every stage.
If a site is offering you excessive bonuses that you don’t require at all, you can decide that they are weaving scam deals for you. Try not to fall for these bonus offers and stand clear. It will be highly difficult to recover from the losses created by such faulty and forceful bonus offers. It is the first sign that you must detect when a casino approaches you with their scam filled bonuses.
Are Mobile Casinos Safe?
If a casino is offering mobile gambling, that doesn’t mean you cannot trust them. Mobile casinos are launched to enhance your gaming experience. There are many Canadian sites that offer mobile apps and mobile sites for their players. However, it is important to check the legitimacy of the mobile casino by checking the licenses and considering all the essential aspects of ensuring safety. You must also check the software providers of these casinos to ensure one of a kind gaming experience.
What Is a Random Number Generator And How It Ensures Safety?
Random number generator is a technology used for casino games, especially slots. It randomly generates numbers and signs for the games to ensure fairness. When a casino uses a random number generator, it means there is no bias gaming happening at the platform, and you can safely enjoy the games. In case the casino does not have a random number generator, you must not deposit your money to the platform. You cannot assure fairness and security in games that are not operated by a random number generator.
Why Can You Trust RealCasinoCanada?
Choosing a gambling site can be a challenging task as you need to go through a lot of aspects before selecting one. We just make your process easier by aligning honest reviews about the casinos. We give our unbiased reviews that include information about their safety, payment options, bonuses and games. You never have to go through multiple sites and weigh their pros and cons; at RealCasinoCanada, you can have it all at one destination. Any particular company does not influence our reviews, and each review is prepared by casino experts who are well-versed with the market. With RealCasinoCanada, you can expect expert reviews of the legit casino platforms that will make your decision easier.
Why Do Casino Payout Percentage Vary?
Payout percentages tend to change according to the prevailing offers and market situation. Payout percentages are also dependent on how popular a game is and how many players are interested in it. It is the regular variance that makes these games even more attractive and worth playing. You must manage your bankroll according to the variance. To increase your winning chances, you must play games with higher payout percentages.
What Are Fees And Other Requirements?
When you play safe casinos, you need to follow the terms and conditions in order to ensure your security. Each casino has separate rules regarding deposits and withdrawal fees. It is important to consider those requirements before you start playing. A majority of payment methods do not have any fees. However, it is important to check with the site. Also, you need to meet the bonus requirements set by the casino before putting your withdrawal request.
What is eCOGRA?
As mentioned above, casino regulators are a highly important aspect of a casino’s safety, eCOGRA is one such regulatory body based in London. eCOGRA or eCommerce Online Gaming Regulation and Assurance was established back in 2003 to regulate and monitor the online gambling industry. The casinos holding a license from eCOGRA is considered highly reliable.
Safe Online Casino Sites: The Bottom Line
The Canadian gambling market is flourishing rapidly, and it is all possible with the help of trusted online casinos. As a gambler, it is your responsibility to filter out the scam website and choose a safe online casino for your investment.
There are plenty of aspects that you need to consider in order to find a trusted online casino in Canada. From ascertaining the gambling commission, ensuring the safety and trust, checking the casino regulator, to verifying the security of payments, each and every factor plays a significant role.
This article has included all the information that will come in handy to look for a 100% safe and secured online gambling website. Don’t fall for the unrealistic bonuses and promises and make a well-informed decision to ensure the security of your gambling interests.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. Can I legally play online casino games in Canada?
- A. Yes, the Canadian government has legalized online gambling in the country. All you need to do is find safe online casino games that will cater to your requirements.
- Q. How old should I be to have the right to gamble in Canada?
- A. The minimum age to start playing online casinos in Canada is 19 years. Alberta, Manitoba, and Quebec have minimum age eligibility of 18 years.
- Q. Are there taxes on winnings in Canada?
- A. Luckily the winnings from casinos, lottery and other gambling are tax-free in the country. You don’t need to report your winnings to the IRS.
- Q. What is SSL, and why is it important for a safe online gambling experience?
- A. SSL or Secured Socket Layer encryption is a security technology that safeguards online transactions. It is generally found on online casinos to ensure safe online gambling.
- Q. What if an online casino won’t pay out?
- A. There can be plenty of reasons why the casino didn’t pay you. For instance, you didn’t meet wagering requirements, played with VPN, minor gambling, unreliable casino, duplicate account, etc.
- Q. Where do I find a safe casino?
- A. You need to check all the essential aspects of a safe online casino and then invest in them. You can find safe casinos listed on our website.
- Q. How do I make safe deposits and withdrawals?
- A. Before making any deposits, you need to ensure that the site is using safe payment methods. You must also check that the site has SSL encryption technology for the transaction.
- Q. Are online casinos & casino games rigged?
- A. Not all casinos and games are rigged. There are a few rigged casinos that hamper the market. Being a responsible gambler, you need to be attentive while selecting a casino.
- Q. Can online casinos be trusted?
- A. Yes, there is an abundance of trusted online casinos that are strengthening the market. You just have to filter through some testing factors.
- Q. Which online casinos actually pay out?
- A. Some of the reputed and trusted Canadian online casinos that regularly payout to their players are Betsafe Casino, Spin Casino, Jackpot City, Captain Spins Casino, and many more.