For Canadian players, BTC is not such a new term. Many of them hold Bitcoins and would love to use them in a crypto casino. But as a concept, Bitcoin casino Canada is just starting to thrive. We’re seeing more new casinos accepting this payment method. Not all of them list it in their banking systems, but there’s progress.
Good news: gamblers in Canada can play in crypto casino online. They aren’t breaking any laws by doing so.
We’ll review this banking method and talk more about crypto casinos that accept it.
Best Bitcoin Casinos in Canada
How We Test Canada’s Top BTC Online Casinos?
Although not every Canadian online casino accepts cryptocurrencies, you can still choose between few BTC online gambling sites for Canada. Our reviews help with that choice. In each Canada Bitcoin casino review at our website, we pay attention to these parameters:
Online Casino Bitcoin Welcome and no-deposit bonuses
This is a competitive industry. Online gambling sites try to attract more players. That’s why they offer no deposit bonuses. In most cases, these are free spins available as soon as players sign up. When they make their first deposit, casino will match it with free cash in their balance.
Casinos Bitcoin Safety and Security
Are there any popular progressive jackpot slots featured by this casino? How much money can gamblers win?
Welcome bonuses wear out pretty quickly. What happens after that? Reputable casinos have amazing membership programs for their loyal users.
For an online casino to be safe and reliable, it has to operate under a valid license. What authority licensed the site we’re reviewing?
Casino Bitcoin Online Customer service
Do gamblers access responsive customer support systems at casinos they try out? That’s really important. If there’s a customer service department working 24/7, it’s even better. Most players like gambling at night, so normal working hours don’t work for customer support centers.
What the developer provides casino games? Some sites stick to a single developer, but others will feature several of them. The most popular software providers include NetEnt, Microgaming, Playtech, RTG, Yggdrasil, and more.
What’s the offer? Can you play progressives slot, table games, and live dealer games? Can you access games via any iPhone, iPad, or Android mobile device? We check these things out, so gamblers don’t waste time testing different websites.
Casinos that accept Bitcoin will treat you with promotions when depositing your first money. Each casino has its own policy. Most will match your first deposit with an equal amount in your balance but will put a limit. For example, BitStarz offers a welcome package of up to $500 (or 5 BTC), plus 180 free spins.
By reading reviews of top-rated CA crypto casino low wager, players can see where they get great welcome bonuses. We also offer info about playthrough requirements, so you’ll know when you can get funds from those promo spins and money on your account.
What Is Bitcoin? How Does It Work?
Reading about Bitcoin gambling sites is interesting, but useless if you don’t know what Bitcoin is. It’s a global system of digital currency. It works as online money, which people can safely receive and send over the Internet. It is safer and faster than any other banking method. All transactions are anonymous. They hold private keys and no one can get information about the path of that transaction without holding that key.
In addition to Bitcoin, there are other reputable cryptocurrencies: Litecoin, Tether, Flux, Ripple, Dash, Etherum, Bitcoin Cash, Payeer, Ilixium, and more.
Types of Bitcoin wallets
Many Bitcoin holders choose hardware wallets as the safest method to store cryptocurrencies. This is a physical device that looks like an external drive. There’s a different format: software wallet. It’s a program that users download and install to their computers. All info in it is encrypted.
If you choose to store it on an online wallet, you get more convenience. An online e-wallet like Flux is still safe since it won’t download blockchain data. You can access your cryptocurrency whenever you want to, so it’s preferred as a method for online gambling.
How to set up a Bitcoin account
At Bitcoin’s official website, there’s a section called Get Started. It holds valuable information for those who are new to this method. Once you have cryptocurrencies, you can easily use them for online casino real money in Canada. After choosing the best bitcoin casinos in Canada, you’ll choose this banking method for your first deposit.
Benefits of Using Bitcoin Banking Method in Casino
- This is a trusted payment method for online gambling. If you choose a safe wallet, no one will steal it or hack it. Your identity is kept safe because the system never links back to you as a person. Bitcoin is 100% legit to use at a Canadian online casino, as long as you choose legal sites with proper licenses.
- Banks aren’t getting any fees out of this since they aren’t involved in transactions.
- Since banks aren’t involved, it also means that all transactions are instant. There’s no wire that imposes a waiting period.
- Online casinos give special promotional offers to Bitcoin gamblers. There’s also a slightly lower house edge. This increases your chances to win, especially if you’re playing a lot.
Bitcoin Mobile Casinos
While testing various online casinos for our Bitcoin online gambling reviews, we’ve discovered that almost all bitcoin sites have a mobile version for players who prefer the convenience of gambling on-the-go from their home, from a bar, or from anywhere they consider comfortable. You can play bitcoin games on various devices:
- iOS: iPhones, iPads
- Android smartphones and tablets
- Other mobile operating systems like Windows
Bitcoin gambling sites use responsive design to ensure that their official website is well-adapted for mobile devices that have smaller screens and lower processing capacity. No worries, however. Mobile casinos work as well as their desktop versions, although sometimes the game selection is smaller.
All Bitcoin casinos that are legal in Canada in 2021 have their own mobile applications, but most of them can be easily accessed from your browser.
Crypto Casino Bonuses
When playing with Bitcoin, players want to know foremost if they’re able to enjoy the same amazing bonuses that typical online casinos are renowned for. Answer is positive. Best bitcoin gambling sites welcome players with a wide range of bonuses that can be claimed no matter what deposit method you choose.
Some crypto casinos attract new players with generous welcome offers. Usually, this refers to a no deposit bonus, where you can gamble at favorite games and test the casino’s features without depositing any Bitcoin or any other currency. The no deposit bonus is an invitation to play for free and a fun way to test crypto gambling without any risk. To enjoy the no deposit bonus, you may need to register a casino account.
Online Bitcoin Casino Deposit Bonuses
Casinos that accept bitcoin will naturally allow you to make all your deposits in Bitcoin and will offer you bonuses in the same cryptocurrency. All top casinos offer players a first deposit bonus, which can range from 100% to 200% match up of your bitcoin deposit up to a certain amount. For some, the limit is 0.25 BTC, for others 2BTC. To enjoy most generous offer, browse a list of crypto casinos and determine which offer is most attractive to you.
Remember that just like traditional online gambling, crypto gambling also comes with a wagering requirement for your bonuses. This means you have to play a certain number of times through your bonus to be able to withdraw your winnings. Wagering requirements can vary from 10X to 50X.
A good bitcoin internet casino will also give out free spins with a first deposit bonus. This is an extra gift usually consisting of anything from 20 to 100 Free Spins, depending on the site’s generosity. You can use spins to play from a specific list of games, which might include your favorites!
BTC Casino Cashback Bonuses
Some crypto casinos offer a cashback bonus to help players keep gambling. These bonuses are a refund of a percentage of a player’s losses over a particular period. You don’t have to watch over your wagering anymore as there’s the possibility to stretch beyond your budget with this bonus. However, this is mostly reserved for long-term players.
Reload bonuses are meant to stimulate players and arouse their enthusiasm for games after the first deposit bonuses. Reload bonus encourages them to follow up their first deposit with another one, for which they get an attractive gift.
Choose the best bitcoin casino for you, and rest assured that will get plenty of rewards and gifts throughout your time on a website. This happens because online casinos want to keep players happy and willing to return. The more you play, more rewards will come into your mail, giving you options to play for free, maximize your winnings, or test newest game releases.
Crypto gambling sites give benefits to their most dedicated players. A player who enters the VIP loyalty program of a casino can enjoy extra gifts for years. The VIP offers differ from site to site, but players who deposit more, play more frequently, and place high wagers are more likely to get special treatment.
Canadian Bitcoin Casinos Games
After every bitcoin casino review, we discover that there are more and more bitcoin games available, from slots to BTC roulette, blackjack, and poker. Players have a huge game selection to choose from. Even if you play exclusively with bitcoin, there are few restraints when it comes to playing your favorite games. All you need is time to test them all.
Bitcoin Casino Slots
Everyone knows how slots work. All you have to do is spin the reel hoping for the right combination to win. Although it sounds simple, the adrenaline rush is real. Most crypto gambling sites provide plenty of Bitcoin slots for players to choose from. The best part about slots is that they have a small minimum bet limit so the risks are minimal. Bitcoin slots include:
- Classic fruit slots
- Jackpot slots
- Progressive slots
- Graphical 3D slots
All top bitcoin casinos have roulette variants in their game selection. With a chance of 1/35 or 1/36 of winning, roulette is fun and lucrative. Players can test various strategies such as placing bets on a single number, on red or black numbers, or a combination of numbers. There’s little more exhilarating than looking at wheel spinning.
Blackjack is a card game played between several people and the dealer, and it’s incredibly popular in crypto casinos too. All casinos have some variants of blackjack. When it comes to crypto gambling, Bitcoin Blackjack is a hallmark of popularity. It’s hard to miss when you browse game lists.
With dozens of variants that all require skill and strategy, poker is the game that attracts the highest numbers of players to online casinos. Bitcoin Poker is the newest alternative to playing this classic game. However, there are still only a few casinos that provide real Bitcoin poker so browse our list for the best choices. We highly recommend Betchan Casino.
Some crypto sites also offer Bitcoin video poker such as:
- Jacks Or Better
- Deuces Wild
- Casino Hold’em
- Joker Poker
Dice & Bitcoin Sic Bo
Classic Bitcoin dice games are fun and easy to play. Some players chase high winnings that have a low probability and fewer wins, while others choose lower winnings which have a high probability and more wins. Because the house edge is significantly low in Bitcoin dice games, players can easily earn impressive winnings in the long-term.
One of the most popular dice games is Sic Bo, an ancient game of Chinese origin that involves three dices. Very popular in Asian casinos, Sic Bo is also available as Bitcoin Sic Bo at crypto sites. Each player places his bets on the roll outcome. Dealer then rolls the three dices in a chest, shakes it up, and then reveals the combination. Payout is correlated to the probability of correct prediction.
Bitcoin lottery is a recent addition to online gambling, but it works just like any regular lottery where you choose, for example, six numbers from 1 to 49. If your numbers correspond to the extracted numbers, you win usually an impressive jackpot. The chances of a jackpot in a lottery are low, but even a less-than-perfect match can still earn you a prize.
Live Dealer Bitcoin Casino Games
The best crypto casino cares about providing an immersive experience that comes to having live dealer games that players find the most captivating. Live leader bitcoin casino games are the hottest thing in the gambling world, with plenty on offer.
Live BTC Roulette
Playing live roulette is as rewarding as ever with crypto sites that let you enjoy the real-life casino experience from comfort and anonymity of your own place.
Live BTC Blackjack
Some online gambling sites offer live Blackjack with a dealer who deals the cards in real-time via a video connection. Using your computer, smartphone or tablet, you can chat with other players and play as normally as in a brick-and-mortar casino.
Live BTC Baccarat
If you enjoy comfortable, but authentic play, live BTC baccarat is a top choice for your gambling needs. With cards dealt in real-time by a real person, a game feels much more exciting.
It’s hard to think that a virtual Monopoly can be as enjoyable as in real life, but live Monopoly has all the same benefits and rewards, except you can play from your device anywhere, anytime.
Live BTC Poker
There are few things as thrilling as live Poker. Play your favorite game on-the-go and enjoy the adrenaline of playing in front of a live dealer just like in Vegas. All made possible by Bitcoin.
Live Lighting Dice
Lighting Dice is a unique game that appeals to everyone from casino table gamblers to fans of slots or roulette. The live version is even better with camera close-ups of the dice dropping into the Lightning Tower.
Live Dream Catcher
Live Dream Catcher is a game able to captivate both seasoned players and amateurs. Inspired by Money Wheels from real-life casinos, Dream Catcher is a live experience that feels like an exciting game show. It also comes with super payouts.
Bitcoin Casino Depositing and Withdrawal Process
When people play online for real money, they want to know how deposits and withdrawals occur. Although this e-currency seems complicated, its system is pretty simple.
Will you win Bitcoins from our crypto casino list? Do you want them in your wallet? Each casino has its own withdrawal policies, but they are effortless in most cases. Log into your account and hit Withdraw. Enter your wallet’s address, and choose your preferred currency. Remember: you can gamble with BTC, LTC, ETH, BCH, and other cryptocurrencies. Enter the amount for withdrawal. Once this casino clears it out, the transaction will be instant.
Before making any payment, read reviews and choose the best bit casino. Read through the terms, so you’ll know what your rights as a user are. Then, create a real money account and choose Bitcoin as your preferred method for a first deposit. Enter the deposit amount and provide the Bitcoin address.
What are the Commission Fees?
No. Since banks are out of the equation, no authority can claim fees for the transactions. Only the casino might impose a fee, so make sure to read the terms before you make your deposit. Even if the casino sets a fee, it will be minimal and cheaper than any other banking method.
More About transferring BTC to Your Casino Account
Once you’ve decided you want to start gambling with Bitcoin, your main concern is how to transfer your BTC to your new casino account. The process is not at all complicated. In fact, it is much more straightforward than using traditional payment methods like bank wiring. To be able to transfer bitcoins, you must have some of this popular cryptocurrency in your possession. This means having a Bitcoin wallet.
Bitcoin wallet is a public address that owners use to share to a second party to receive payments and to authorize payments. These are the most popular Bitcoin wallets:
- Cloud Wallets. These are stored in the cloud, not on your desktop for increased security. Examples are Coinbase and Blockchain.info
- App Wallets. If you have an Android or iOS device, you can install a bitcoin wallet app such as Mycelium, Coinbase, or Blockchain.info. These give you mobile access to a cloud wallet for convenience of use.
- Software Wallets. These are desktop clients that you download onto your desktop. The most popular are Electrum, MultiBit, and Bitcoin Core.
- Hardware Wallets. These are special devices for storing bitcoins. The most popular are Trezor and Ledger.
For online gambling, the most convenient of all options above is the cloud wallet with a mobile app attached, which you can download from Apple Store or Google Play onto your mobile device. They are extremely easy to use but are more exposed to hacks, so it’s best to keep only small amounts on them. Some of the most popular bitcoin eWallets are:
Do you have your wallet ready? To load it with bitcoins, you can also use one of the following methods:
- Bank Wire
- Euro SEPA Transfer
- Credit Card Transfer
Once you have Bitcoins in your wallet, you can go to your casino account and click on the “Deposit” button. When asked to choose your preferred payment method, simply choose “Pay with Bitcoin”. From here, you can do the following:
- Scan a QR code with your phone if you have a Bitcoin app wallet
- Click the “pay with Bitcoin client” if you have a software client.
Get your unique depositing address, log in to your BTC wallet and send the coins to that specific address.
Bitcoin Casino in Canada: Conclusion
The concept of Bitcoin gambling is getting popular. Despite all the issues it faced throughout its growth, this cryptocurrency kept increasing its value and it changed the global economy. Some experts predict that Bitcoin will be floated on the Nasdaq. That would boost its reputation further.
When it comes to online gambling, cryptocurrency is cool because it’s the cheapest and safest method for gambling. No other payment system beats it. Any e-wallet, credit/debit card or prepaid card would have dollars or other “real” currencies on it. The fees will be small, but still larger when compared to cryptocurrency gambling.
Although the concept seems kind of abstract, it’s real money. So if you were interested in getting Bitcoins, knowing that you can use them for gambling might trigger the final decision.
- Q. What is the difference between µɃ and mɃ?
- A. When you want to make gambling transactions at Bitcoin casinos, you’ll see two different options when choosing the currency. µɃ is micro-bitcoin, and it’s valued 0.000001 of Bitcoin. If you make a deposit of 1000 micro-bitcoins, you’re playing with the value of 10 USD. mɃ is milli-bitcoin, also known as millie or millibit. To play with an amount equal to 10 USD, you need to deposit only one milli-bitcoin. It’s 0.001 of a whole Bitcoin. These things may seem overwhelming when reading about them for the first time. But there’s nothing to worry about. Bitcoin’s website is full of information to get you started with cryptocurrency.
- Q. Online casino vs Bitcoin casino: which is the best?
- A. Essentially, it’s the same thing. The only thing that differs is the banking method. If you already use Bitcoin, then it’s the best payment system for gambling transactions. It’s safer and instant. If you’re new to the system, there’s a learning curve involved so you might decide to stick to old-fashioned online casinos.
- Q. How do I use Bitcoin for poker?
- A. Poker is the most exciting part of online casinos. The best sites offer live poker rooms, where you sit with real players and dealers. The way to access this game is no different than accessing any other game at online casinos. Once you make the deposit with Bitcoins, use it to place bets.
- Q. When was crypto gambling founded?
- A. Bitcoin was founded in 2009, but it took only two years for it to be integrated into online gambling. An official timeline suggests that the first Bitcoin poker site was launched in August 2011. In April 2012, Satoshi Dice was founded, which became a major Bitcoin dice gambling site. In February 2014, the first-ever Bitcoin casino, Bitcasino.io, was officially licensed by Curacao Gambling Licensing Authority.
- Q. Where can you buy Bitcoins?
- A. You can get Bitcoins from trusted Bitcoin online exchanges that accept USD, EUR and any other traditional currency. There are dozens of crypto exchanges on the Internet, but the most popular are Bitstamp, Coinbase, and Kraken.
- Q. Where can I store Bitcoins?
- A. The safest and most convenient place to store your Bitcoins is your own Bitcoin wallet, which can be a software client, a mobile app, a cloud wallet, or a hardware device. A USB memory-stick like Ledger is specially designed for this purpose. Some popular e-wallets are: Electrum, available on Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android Bitcoin Wallet, available on Android
- Q. When was the first cryptocurrency founded?
- A. Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency to emerge on the global market. It was founded in 2008 by a developer group with an unknown identity but popular by the name of Satoshi Nakamoto. Bitcoin.org was officially registered in August 2008, but the cryptocurrency became available on the open market in 2009.
- Q. What is Provably Fair Gambling?
- A. Provably Fair Gambling refers to online gambling where casinos use algorithms that ensure fairness of random bets in games. The algorithms can be analyzed by third parties to prove that the bets were fair, so players don’t just have to believe the word of the casino. If a game is provably fair, it means it’s truly fair and safe.
- Q. Where can I play BTC casino games in Litecoin, Dogecoin, Dash or Ethereum?
- A. Many crypto gambling sites have adapted to the cryptocurrency market and accept other AltCoins as well. An online casino with bitcoin transactions will typically accept also Ethereum, LiteCoin, Dash or Dogecoin. Check our list of bitcoin casino reviews where we tell you exactly which AltCoins are accepted where.
- Q. Are BTC gambling sites legal in Canada?
- A. Bitcoins and all cryptocurrencies are completely legal in Canada, and it’s perfectly safe and legal to use them for payments. When it comes to gambling, Canada has some restrictions, depending on the province, but these refer to online casino operators, not players. If you’re above 18 or 19 years old, depending on your place of residence, you can legally play at offshore BTC gambling sites in Canada.
- Q. Can I win money playing Bitcoin online slots or roulette?
- A. Yes, playing with BTC is no different than typical online gambling. Players can enjoy real money winnings and withdraw their earnings, choosing their preferred payment method.
- Q. What do I need to provide when depositing in BTC?
- A. You don’t have to provide any extra information when depositing BTC to your casino account. The transactions happen automatically once you authorize them from your e-wallet. You don’t need casino account verification to deposit, but you need it for withdrawing your winnings.
- Q. What is the minimum deposit in BTC?
- A. Casinos that accept bitcoin have different minimum deposit limits. It can be as little as 0.0001 BTC, or slightly more.
- Q. How Ethereum Works?
- A. Ethereum is behind the Ether cryptocurrency that, just like Bitcoin, works within a blockchain. Designed as a storage network, Ethereum is one of the most secure virtual places where users’ financial and personal information can never be hacked. A computer that contributes power to this network is rewarded with Ether, the associated cryptocurrency. You can buy and sell Ether just like Bitcoin, using a wallet for your online payments.
- Q. Where can I exchange Bitcoins for gambling?
- A. You can exchange Bitcoins at any reliable and trusted crypto exchange website, with dozens of options available.
- Q. What is Transaction Speed?
- A. Transaction Speed refers to the amount of time a system requires to perform your transaction. In the case of cryptocurrencies, the transaction speed can vary. If the exchange speed is good, the procedure will be quick. High transaction speed is crucial for the success of a cryptocurrency. Due to the present exchange volume, block creation operations, and system conditions, Bitcoin’s transaction speed is only average compared to other AltCoins. The estimate is 5 to 15 minutes.
- Q. How to use a Trezor for Bitcoin casino deposits?
- A. A small device similar to an external hard drive, Trezor was built to safely store Bitcoins. Accompanied by a micro-USB cable, the device can be connected to your computer. After the initial 10-minute setup, you can easily use Trezor for casino deposits. You provide the authentication credentials, set the amount of the deposit, add address of the receiver, payment is immediately approved. Trezor is the best choice to avoid security issues.