There’s huge competition among well-established and new online Canadian casinos. Each of them strives to attract new players and keep them as regulars. The usual type of welcome offer works as free cash that matches your first few deposits. But in addition to that kind of welcome bonus, some sites have cashback systems.
Our List of the Best Cashback Casinos
Cashback casino bonuses work as an incentive program for loyal users. Casinos set up a percentage of amounts you lose for paying back on your card (or any other preferred depositing method).
What Are Cashback Casino Bonuses?
Most gamblers are interested in no wagering casino Canada bonuses, which offer free casino chips even without deposits involved. An offer that involves losing money is not that attractive. But when you think about it, it’s a great advantage for regular players.
If you wanna win real money, you lose some. Some online gambling websites will refund your balance with a percentage of your losses. Depending on terms and policies, you’ll get this amount as a bonus for playing free online gambling games, or directly as cash on your account.
How Does Cashback Work in Online Gambling?
When Canadian gamblers invest a lot of money in land-based casinos, they get VIP treatment and luxury gifts. What happens when they gamble in with online instant play? In that case, VIP treatment comes as cashback.
This type of bonus is different from a sign-up offer, since it’s not meant as a reward for creating a real money profile. It’s a special treatment for loyal users, and it’s usually awarded on a weekly or monthly basis.
Online casinos that offer cashback bonuses have different policies on how they reward this money. Some of them will transfer it as cash via PayPal, Skrill, Neteller, Interac, or any other withdrawal method you choose. Others will award bonuses in the form of casino credit, which you can use on slots, progressive, table games, and live dealer games.
Types of Great Casino Cash Back Bonuses
We’ll easily explain what types of cashback bonuses exist if we simply look at a few real cases.
- Dunder Casino Canada doesn’t have a cashback offer. If you look at the Bonus Terms, you’ll notice that only a Welcome Bonus is mentioned. You get maximum of $100 as a match on your deposit, plus 120 free spins.
- 888 Casino Canada has a so-called “Comp Points” offer, which works on the cashback principle. You earn points with each game you play. By playing more, players earn more money. Even if you lose this money, you get a small percentage of them back. You can redeem these points in cash and use them on any slots, table games, or live-dealer options.
This casino has another cashback offer that’s available only on Wednesdays. If you don’t win any money during your Wednesday gambling session, you get 20% of your bets back on your account.
- Guts Casino also has a nice loyalty program. If one plays poker here, they get a maximum 30% of their losses back. More precisely, Diamond members get 30% cashback. Silver, Gold, and Platinum get 10$, 15%, and 20%, respectively.
Cashback Bonus Codes
In some cases, there’s no need to enter a cashback code to get some money back. Guts Casino, for example, automatically implements this policy for its loyal gamblers. But at other sites offering Canadian online gambling for real money, a code is necessary. For example, gamblers need code WinWed for Winning Wednesday offer at 888Casino.
Types of Cashback Promotions
When looking at the examples above, we can identify a few types of cashback bonuses:
- Sometimes this bonus comes as a weekly cashback offer. Instead of giving free spins for all gamblers, casinos treat loyal players by their investments. They get a particular percentage of deposits back. This may be 5% minimum deposit bonuses, but it may be higher. For this type of bonus, a code is needed.
- Some casinos automate this process. You don’t need any codes and you don’t wait for a specific day of the week. That’s how Guts Casino does it.
- Some cashback bonuses are limited to particular games (poker or roulette in most cases).
Since these bonuses come in percentages of your deposits, they are more beneficial for regular gamblers. If you make a minimum deposit and expect free spins as 1$ deposit bonuses, you can’t expect cashback offers. But don’t worry; you’ll find beneficial policies, too. Real money online casino games are tailored to meet everyone’s needs.
Withdrawing and Wagering Requirements
No-deposit and deposit bonuses come with playthrough requirements attached. You have to play up to 50 times the amount of this bonus before withdrawing any of that money back. Fortunately, cashback rewards aren’t that restrictive.
However, some restrictions may apply regarding the games you can play. Some casinos will cash you back only if you play poker. Sometimes you get this amount in your balance and you can use it for a particular set of games on the website. Many casinos will also impose a minimum deposit amount for cashback bonuses. Others will be more specific; they define the amount that gamblers need to lose to get some money back.
The wagering requirements depend on websites. We highly recommend reading reviews and paying attention to this section. That makes the choice of a website easier for those who plan to become loyal gamblers. It’s also important for players to read terms and conditions if they wanna benefit from any of the casino’s offers.
- When compared to sing-up bonuses, cashback offers have low wagering requirements
- Some websites will cash you back in Canadian Dollar
- These offers apply to desktop and mobile play, including mobile applications if available
- Highly beneficial for regular gamblers
- This type of bonus motivates gambling with more money
Making a deposit in CAD and getting some of it back if losses occur – that’s a good offer, right? However, it’s still important to control your gambling habits when considering casino cashback Canada offers. Getting a small percentage of the deposits back doesn’t cover your complete loss.