You like online casinos for real money but you’re tired of slots and video poker? You’d like to try live casino gambling, but you’re looking for some light action to get you started? At this point, you’re not ready to play poker, roulette, or blackjack. You need a simpler game that still lets you access a live table. You’re ready to start playing online Craps for real money.
At first sight, the game seems complicated because you see too many things on the table. But it’s one of the simplest dice games for real money available at most Canadian casinos. Casino gamblers enjoy it because it’s fun and it has a social aspect to it.
In Craps, you make wagers to predict the dice roll or a series of rolls. You can bet against the bank or other players. The game started on the streets and especially at military camps. Many casinos enable visitors to play real money Craps, but the real fun is at online casinos.
Let’s talk about playing online casino Craps for real money as a Canadian gambler.
The Best Real Money Craps Casinos
Where to Play Real Money Craps Online
Not all online casinos allow you to bet in Craps. You’ll find basic slots, blackjack and poker games at most of these websites, but this game is not always available.
Let’s see: what are the top Craps casinos?
Here’s a list you’ll appreciate. We continuously update it, so feel free to come back here and check if there’s a change.
- Ruby Fortune
- Spin Casino
As you can see, this is a narrower list when compared with the one we provided about online slots. That’s because real money Craps is a bit more complex game that requires a live dealer and specific staging. Still, there are more than enough top recommended Craps casinos for you to choose from.
How to Play Online Craps for Real Money
Let’s go through some basic Craps rules that help you understand the game.
First thing: understand the table layout
The table can be intimidating for a newbie gambler. It looks complicated with all those symbols.
Don’t worry; it’s nothing scary. Focus on one side, since both sides are identical. The table is designed in a way that makes it possible for players to join from both sides.
Know the Craps Phases
The game starts with the Come Out Roll phase. You will place a bet on the table (your main choices are Pass or Don’t Pass). The shooter shoots the dice, and if they roll a 2, 3 or 12, they don’t pass. In this case, a new shooter comes on stage.
The shooter aims to roll a 7 or 11. If they do that, they pass, and the bets on Pass win money.
What happens if the shooter rolls out any other number than the ones we mentioned? That number becomes the point. Then, the game goes into the Point phase. The shooter must roll that number again before they roll a 7. In that case, the Pass bets win. But if they hit 7 before the point number, the Don’t Pass bets win.
Know What Bets You Can Place
There are a few types of bets you can place when you play Craps:
- Pass – you’re betting for the shooter to roll a 7 or 11 in the Come Out Roll phase, or they will hit the point first in the Point phase.
- Don’t Pass – you’re betting that the shooter will hit any other point than the ones needed for a Pass.
- Come – that’s the section on the table where you’re placing the Pass bets after the Come Out roll.
- Don’t Come – that’s the opposite bet from Come.
- Place Bets – in this section of the table, you can place bets on 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, and 10. If the dice roll your number before a 7, you win big.
- Field – here, you can bet on 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11 or 12 – the number you expect the shooter to roll out.
- Big 6 or Big 8 – it’s a field bet that pays you even money (the same amount that you bet).
- Any Craps – you’re betting for the shooter to roll out a 2, 3, or 12.
- Any Seven – you bet that a 7 will be the next roll.
- Hardways – you bet that before hitting a non-par, the shooter will roll out a pair (4, 6, 8, or 10).
- Proposition bets – you can bet on a single roll during any phase of Craps.
That wasn’t so hard. There are many rules, but they are all simple.
Although the table looks complicated, Craps is essentially the simplest live game in the casino. Since the rules are so basic, online Craps is a casino game that gives you good odds to win.
Live Craps for Real Money
If you’re interested in playing online Craps for real money, you’ll often find this game in the live online casino real money part of the website. This is the setting that gives you the thrill a real casino would offer.
You see a real table from a gaming studio. The usual Internet Craps game uses Random Number Generator software to roll out the dice. But when you play live Craps for real money, someone rolls the dice.
It’s fun, and it’s a great thing to have Live Craps as a choice.
Craps Strategy Tips
Is there a way to boost your chances to win at live Craps online for cash?
Well, real money gamblers understand that even though this is gambling, there are ways to stay safer. You’ll just bet on sections that give you higher chances to win.
- Avoid proposition bets. The house has an edge in these, so your chances to win are slim.
- The Don’t Come and Don’t Pass bets give you the highest chance to win. They have only 1.35% house edge. Come and Pass are also good, with only 1.41% house edge.
- Don’t bet on the Big 6 or Big 8. They are so prominent on the table that they immediately draw attention. But the house has a 9% edge on these bets. You can bet on 6 or 8 anywhere on the table, and you’ll have a higher chance to win in that case.
- This is not a game that gives you tons of time to think. You have to follow the Craps etiquette, which says the players shouldn’t take too long to place their games. Craps is rapid, so you should go with the flow. This means you must take your time to learn about the different types of bets you can place before you play Craps for real. Otherwise, you’ll end up placing random bets and losing a lot of money.
Depositing Methods to Play with Real Money
So how do you play real money Craps in Canada? First, you have to start placing bets and to do that; you need to make a deposit. Once you win, you’ll withdraw your money. How?
Online casinos don’t impose other banking methods for Craps gambling. In the Banking section of the page, you’ll see the universal methods that work across all games on the site. These are the methods that most sites support:
- Credit or debit cards (Visa and MasterCard/Maestro)
- Trustly and iDebit bank transfer
- Neteller and Skrill web wallets
- PayPal is not always available for Craps players, but it’s possible to find Canadian online casinos that accept PayPal.
When you choose real money online casino, it’s important to get informed about the depositing and withdrawal methods. You’ll choose a payment method, but you should also know about the minimum and maximum limits for deposits and withdrawals.
Is Online Craps Legal in Canada?
Yes. There’s a big trend for online Craps. Canada 2019 regulations still don’t allow online casinos to be licensed in the country. But these companies are licensed in Malta or Curacao, which makes them entirely legit. They offer their services to Canadian players and they accept you in, so you may feel free to play the game.
What Is a High Low Bet in Craps?
It’s called a Hi-Lo bet, and you practically bet for the shooter to roll out a 2 or 12. The house edge is huge (11.11%), but the payout is 15:1, which is also huge. This type of bet is not always available on the table, but you’ll see it in some game variants.
Can You Play Craps Online for Real Money?
Yes. Above in this article, we gave you a list of the top real money online casino sites that feature Craps in their offer. Not all online casinos feature this game, since it’s a bit more complex to be played over the Internet. Live Craps, in particular, is a rarity in the online world. But we’re seeing progress with a greater selection of casinos making Craps available for their players.
How Can I Start Playing Craps on the Mobile?
You’ll just access mobile casinos through the browser on your device. It’s the same website you see on the desktop. The rules and methods are the same.
Some mobile casinos for real money have apps. But even if there’s no downloadable app, the best online casinos work perfectly well in a mobile browser.